Monday 9 September 2019

The BBC gives a hopeless response ... then drags its feet ...

After writing to the BBC and pointing out that they had misrepresented the RSPB, the BBC told me that I would need to go through an official complaints procedure ...

This did not seem an unreasonable request ... so I presented the facts once again within the confines of a series of character-limited boxes ... tedious, but hey ...

The reply from the BBC went like this -
" I understand you believe it's inaccurate to say RSPB said shooting grouse in ' economically important ' .  I've checked the article and it is specifically referring to how it can benefit the sport financially  "

... so a fairly garbled statement there ... the BBC makes no mention of Driven Grouse Shooting so clearly has no understanding of how this sits within the overall activity of 'shooting grouse ' as they put it ... the BBC ignores my point that missing the word ' local ' out alters the meaning of the statement ... the BBC seems to imply that shooting grouse can benefit the sport financially - this is a very odd conclusion to come to and makes little sense ...

The BBC added that if I wanted to pursue this further then I should follow a link that they provided.   So in view of their having completely ignored the point that I was making, I followed the link.  This took me back to their official complaints procedure ... and so for the third time I stated the facts of how they had misquoted the RSPB and thereby misrepresented the views of the RSPB ...

The BBC's reply indicated a 20 day wait for a full response ...

No comments:

Post a Comment